Local Crafters and Artists
A Good Time for All Ages!
Click here to see
The Makin' Market on Facebook
Guidelines for Visitors
What is The Makin' Market?
- The Makin' Market is a place to come buy gifts and explore new creative products being made in our area. We encourage everyone to come out and support our community.
- We will be providing live art and entertainment each week to help raise funds for a local non-profit. So we encourage you to drop a dollar if you can into our tip jars so that we can continue supporting our community.
- The Makin' Market will happen every Saturday until Christmas from 1:00-4:00.
- The Makin' Market will be held in downtown Ponca City on Grand Avenue.
- Inside location is TBD
- The event is free to the public and social distancing measures will be encouraged to provide a safe and inclusive experience for everyone in Ponca City and surrounding areas.
- Everyone! Need a holiday gift? Need some free and family fun entertainment? Need a break from the house or work? Need some inspiration to get started on a new project? We will provide it all downtown each weekend.
- All Ages are encouraged to get out and visit The Makin' Market. We will have live art demos and entertainment each week.
Guidelines for Creators
When will it start? Where will it be?
- The Makin' Market will be held every Saturday from 1:00-4:00 until December 19th. The Makin' Market will start on October 10th.
- It will be located on Grand Avenue in Downtown Ponca City.
- Simply Pick whichever Saturdays you can attend. (The more you attend the better following and sales you could will have)
- We are working to secure an indoor option for when the weather prohibits outdoor sales. (location TBD)
- Check in at The Doodle Academy will be every Saturday no later than 12:30p.m.
- Set up for the Market can begin as early as 12:00 (noon) on each selling day. Each vendor is encouraged to be fully set up and ready by the start of the market’s open hours and to remain fully set up and participating throughout the entire market hours. (Our goal is to help you sell your creations)
- Each vendor will be provided with a 10x10 space. Vendors are required to supply their own booth, table & set up etc. The Market Manager will assign booth space to each vendor. **Canopies or umbrellas smaller than 5ft x 10ft are Permitted. Must not impede foot traffic.**
- Spots will be on paved sidewalk. Please be sure to plan accordingly.
- We will have awning spots available for those vendors that request it. Please request ASAP once those spots are filled we cant guarantee a covered spot.
- No electricity will be available. Please plan accordingly.
- Each vendor is encouraged to donate $5 for each Saturday participated. All donations made will be spent on advertising throughout the season.
- The Market will use vendor pictures of their products and media site to advertise merchandise that will be available, please inform the market manager in writing if you do not wish to be part of the advertising and posts associated with The Makin' Market.
- Vendors shall provide the Makin' Market with copies of any permits, licenses or certifications applicable for the sale of their product or services. •The Makin' Market will not assume responsibility for product liability. If your product requires liability insurance,the vendor will be required to purchase their own.
- To qualify as a vendor for The Makin' Market All products must be locally hand crafted, made, and/or grown! All ages are welcome to participate (any vendors under the age of 18 must have an adult present)
- Apply with the Vendor Application below this text.
- Each vendor is encouraged to include their website or Facebook page link on their application. These will be linked to your name down below on our vendor list.
- Each Vendor is responsible for making sure their area is picked up completely during and after the Market, leaving nothing behind.
- Each week we will be partnering with a local non-profit to help them fund raise. We will have an artist performing live as entertainment and all donations given for their performance will be given to the chosen non-profit.
- Non-profit line up
- Oct 10 Pioneer Woman Museum www.pioneerwomanmuseum.com/
- Oct 17 The Otoe-Missouria Tribe www.omtribe.org/what-we-do-social-services
- Oct 24 Ponca City Art Association www.poncacityartassociation.org/
- Oct 31 TBA
- Nov 7th Ponca City Main Street www.downtownponcacity.com/#!event-list
- Nov 14th Evans Children's Academy of Performing Arts www.facebook.com/Evans-Childrens-Academy-of-Performing-Arts-442416706101207
- Nov 21 Poncan Theatre www.poncantheatre.org/
- Nov 28th TBA
- Dec 5th Marlands Place www.marlandsplace.com/?fbclid=IwAR2ylRApYPCOmXu5GrfIRq8hXWNAHaW_Uv5kDX7Jzcslz6kNKOgzpZva8Hc
- Dec 12th Fix-a-Feral with the Humane Society www.nokhs.com/
- Dec 19th TBA
- Please let us know which non-profit you would like us to partner with.
Guidelines for Entertainers
What kind of performances do we want?
- Any thing you enjoy to do and want to share with an audience.
- Must be appropriate for all ages.
- If an entertainer wants to donate their tips for one of the non-profits we are partnering with We would Love that! But we also want to encourage our community to support all forms of creativity especially performance artists. That means if a creative wants to keep their tips that is great as well.
- That is completely up to you. Maybe one song each hour, or do a set of songs at a set time. We are flexible and simply excited for you to participate.
- We have a speaker that connects via Bluetooth to phone
- Simply fill out the application below and put Entertainment in the description box.
Eric & Willow Terrell/Merrimoon
Who do I contact if I have
Due to this community project being run solely by volunteers and advertising executed based on donation we ask every one have patience and provide us with grace as we get this Rockin' and Rollin'. This project was developed to aid all creators needing alternative avenues for selling their products due to Covid. Our goal at The Doodle Academy is to support all creatives in our area. Please contact us at 580-309-1582 with any concerns or ideas in which you think we could improve this endeavor.
Regeneia Van Arsdale